Featured Post

THIS IS WHAT I DO

Barbed wire | Rescue | THIS IS WHAT I DO checking barbed wire in my own time. volunteer.

Mega Bat disturbance, AFFIDAVIT, Duaringa

AFFIDAVIT
 
I    (deleted)

Of (deleted)

TAKE AN OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS

On Saturday the 7th of July I traveled to the Central Highlands and back stopping in at the Duaringa township.

After using the rest rooms at the park in the township I noticed that some of the little red flying foxes camped in the William Street colony were in the air. I am a wildlife carer and I know this to be unusual behaviour as they sleep during the day unless disturb. As I looked towards the colony to see what had disturb them I was then  confonted by the sounding of a continuous loud horn which came from the direction of the William Street colony.  


The sounding of the horn continued for 15 minutes and by this time most of the flying foxes from the William Street and Margaret Street Maternity camp were now in the air except for the bubs which could not escaped the noise.

From a report of the QPWS rangers as of the 6th of July at least 500 are dependant young still remain in these camps.

At this point in time I drove around to Margaret Street and stood on the footpath and using my mobile phone cam, videoed the distressed animals in the air. 

While I was standing in Margaret Street I could hear what sounded to be metal on metal banging further distressing those already in the air preventing lactating females from attending their young.  This sound came from the Margaret Street Camp.

Standing in Margaret Street I could see smoke billowing from this direction of the Maternity camp. . I drove to the direction of the smoke. I could see a smoking fire under a tree in 26 Margaret Street.
There were babies in the tree that could not fly away. Standing on the footpath I used my mobile phone again to take a video recording of the smoke. There was no one about. I drove around the block and came back.  When I came back Smoke was everywhere in this area of the Camp. 

The smoke smelled toxic and it made me feel nausea and I got a headache straight away. You could smell it all over the town.  A  man was standing poking the fire. I could see that some of the babies had moved over to the other side of the tree as far as they could go. They could not fly.

I got out of the car and standing on the footpath I again filmed the smoke. The man turned around and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was taking pictures of the smoke. He told me he had permission to do build this fire.   He came out the gate and towards me on the footpath. . I felt uncomfortable and I was fearful that he would take my camera from me and damage the evidence. I got back in my car and drove away.

This was the same man that I witnessed making  smoke under the tree in exactly the same spot  on the 7th of April 2012 and this gives me reason to believe that this man has continued to harass this maternity camp, without any fear from anyone. .

I was in Duaringa for one hour from midday. During that time I telephoned to report the illegal activity to Qld Police Link. I asked them to record my complaint. They said that they would get in contact with the Duaringa police

I telephoned QPWS getting in touch with Ranger Graeme Russell who said he would contact the police.  I also contacted Bat Rescue.

When I got home I contacted Graeme Russell, QPSW Rockhampton.  Bat Rescue, Mike Devery, QPSW, and several other carers.

When I contacted Graeme Russell he told me that he got in contact with the Duaringa Police. They said that they checked on the Bats in the morning before they left for Blackwater and they were fine and after my complaint on their return and everything was quiet. They also said that they saw no evidence of a fire.

The ranger told the officer that I have filmed the fire.  

After I spoke with Graeme I contacted people in Duaringa to see  if on the off chance that they may be home.  I knew they had been away.

I spoke to the lady who said that her and her husband had got home in the afternoon and had been filming the illegal activity all after noon.  The bats had been in the air all afternoon. 

What I can’t understand is why the police told the QPWS ranger that everything was quiet, when according to an eye witness the police drove up and down the street when the flying fox were in the air.

The reporting of the harassment of these flying foxes has been on going by myself and others  since I placed my first report of the illegal activity on the 7th of April 2012
Name

Articles,51,Audio,23,Backyard,24,Barbed Wire,35,Bat Art,56,Bat Books,94,Bat Box,27,Bat Clothing,16,Bat Issues,642,Bat Stamps,1,Bats,4,Bats for Children,39,Bats for the Home,70,Electrocution,9,Events,39,info on bats,643,Jackie Sparrow,26,Microbats,469,Misc,121,Netting,40,Newsletter,5,Promoting,152,Rehab,92,Rehab 2011,7,Rehab 2012,25,Rehab 2013,15,Rehab 2014,6,Rehab 2015,108,Rehab 2016,136,Rehab 2017,73,Rehab 2018,29,Rehab 2019,2,Release Cage,2,RESCUE,74,Rescue 2011,1,Rescue 2012,7,RESCUE 2013,18,RESCUE 2014,8,RESCUE 2015,25,Rescue 2016,20,RESCUE 2017,16,Rescue 2018,10,Rescue 2019,6,Rob Mies,11,Shooting,2,Vegetation,27,Video,399,Virus,128,WebSites-Bat,45,
ltr
item
BatsRule!: Mega Bat disturbance, AFFIDAVIT, Duaringa
Mega Bat disturbance, AFFIDAVIT, Duaringa
BatsRule!
http://batsrule-helpsavewildlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/mega-bat-disturbance-affidavit-duaringa.html
http://batsrule-helpsavewildlife.blogspot.com/
http://batsrule-helpsavewildlife.blogspot.com/
http://batsrule-helpsavewildlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/mega-bat-disturbance-affidavit-duaringa.html
true
4238281482117672351
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy